- All school rules and policies are in effect while on the trip.
- Students are responsible for work missed. Communicate with your teachers before you leave.
- Students who are taking a prescription medication are required to have a Permission to Administer Medication Form on file with the band.
- You will only need to pack one set of clothes for Friday. Uniforms and instruments will be packed under the bus. Students may bring one small suitcase or bag. A carry on is also acceptable. Students may wish to pack an appropriate swimsuit as the hotel does have a pool.
Luggage should be brought to the Wednesday rehearsal so that school officials can check the bags.
- Students will need money for one fast food lunch on Friday. Money for souvenirs or other items is up to the individual student.
- Students need to report to AWHS at 6:15am on Thursday. We are on a tight schedule until after the parade, so students need to move quickly and be ready to depart ASAP.
- We should return to AWHS on Friday around 5:45pm.
Congratulations to the Symphonic Band for their performance at State Adjudicated Event in North Royalton, Ohio on Saturday.
The band earned an Excellent (II) Rating.
Thanks to everyone who helped with chaperoning, uniforms, equipment, or supported us with your presence at the performance. Thanks to the students for all their hard work in preparation for the event.
WE NEED YOUR DESSERT DONATIONS for the May 12th Chicken BBQ.
All band students grades 5 through 12 are expected to bring desserts. For families with more than one band student, only one dessert is required. An assortment of desserts are needed. We are requesting your choice:
- 1 large pie
- 9 x 13 cake
- 2 dozen cupcakes
- 9 x 13 brownies or bars
Please have in a disposable container. No desserts that need refrigeration.
We need 1000 dessert servings!
We need every band family to fill out the form at the bottom of this flyer (PDF) and return it to their band director by Friday, May 4th. (Or send email to the address listed on the form.)
DROP OFF DESSERTS on SATURDAY, MAY 12TH
- After 9:30 am and before 11:30 am
- At the AWHS cafeteria
We realize that everyone is busy. If you are unable to make a dessert, please fill out the form at the bottom of this flyer (PDF) and return it with $10.
The Jazz Band will perform for a Rotary Event at the Seagate Center on Thursday, April 19th.
Students will be released during 8th period to travel to Toledo for the 3:00pm performance.
After the performance, we will go to Pizza Papalis for dinner. Students should bring $6 to cover the cost of the meal.
Students will return to the school at 5:45pm.
Please note: This performance is not open to the public.
It’s almost Chicken BBQ time again!
The date for this year’s event is May 12, 2012 from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. All bands, grades 5 – 12, will perform for this community event. AWBB will be offering both dine-in and carryout meals.
The Chicken BBQ is a major fundraiser for the band programs. Many volunteers doing a variety of jobs are needed to make this event a success.
Volunteers will be needed for set up on the 11th. On the 12th, volunteers will be needed to cut and package desserts, help run the bake sale, package and serve dinners, sell 50/50 tickets and clean up. Various shift times are available.
If you are able to donate a few hours of your time to help make our annual BBQ a continued success, please fill out the Chicken BBQ Volunteer form. Karen Lemle is coordinating the Chicken BBQ volunteers: she will contact you to finalize the details.
Thank you for all you do for our excellent band programs!