Here are some important events and activities for FT Band students:
1) 6th Grade Band students will perform with the 7th Graders on Thursday March 8, 2012 on the 7/8 Band Concert. The 6th graders will be combined on stage with the 7th graders for a mass band number. Concert begins at 7pm. Sixth graders should arrive by 6:45pm at the HS Bandroom. (Our special combined song is Invincible. It will be an awesome sound with over 150 young musicians on stage! Dress is blue band T shirt and black pants or skirt (girls).
2) Chocolate bunny sale runs through March 2. All 5th and 6th graders can sell as many as possible with each bunny costing $6.00. Money and form(s) should be turned in by March 2 to the band director. (Bunnies will be delivered March 26 to the students at school.)
3) T- shirt order forms for 5th (and 6th ) grade band students should be turned in by Feb. 29. (We have extended the deadline.) Please fill out the blue form which Mr. Giffin has in the band room. Cost is $9.00 All 5th graders must order a shirt to wear at our upcoming concerts. The shirt is usually good for two years so order it a little big. (Sixth graders may order another shirt if they wish but may use last years if it is in good shape) (New 6th graders must order a shirt.)
4) After school practices for 5th grade are: Fri., March 9th, Fri., March 30th , and Thur. May 3rd. All practices run 2:40 – 4:00pm in the FT gym. Parents please pick up your son or daughter at 4pm.
5) Concerts are : Tues. April 3, 2012 at 7pm and Sat. May 12, 2012 at 4pm.
Thank you for your continued support of our band program.